"I believe" Statements:
1. I believe that the way I dress affects our influence on others.
2. I believe that the way I dress ought to glorify God.
3. I believe that the way I dress shouldn't be a stumbling block to others.
4. I believe the way I dress shows my desire for purity.
5. I believe that the way I dress should be align with my sexuality.
6. I believe that the way I dress should reflect Christ and not be centered on myself.
7. I believe that the way we dress should not be associated with something that God hates.
8. I believe that my clothing can become an idol.
References for Study
1 Samuel 16:7, 1 Timothy 2:9-10, 1 Peter 3:2-5, Deuteronomy 22:5, Romans 14:21, Galatians 5:16, Genesis 3:21, Colossians 3, 2 Corinthians 5:15, etc.
Principles For Thought
1. Maintain the male/female distinction (Deut 22:5)
2. Consider the effect of clothing on our influence (Matt 5:13-16)
3. Make sure our clothing doesn't "offend" anyone (Romans 14:21)
4. Be sure our clothing is modest in God's sight (2 Cor 5:15)