Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Wasted Generation?

It seems as though the generation commonly known as "the Millennials" is one with a ton of potential. Yes, I am part of that generation so there may some bias, but I also think we are well on our way to being, what I call, a "wasted generation". Too many of us just live solely for the weekend to where we can party it up, forgetting the week behind and not thinking about the week ahead. I'm here to tell you: there's so much more to life than that. If you can't wait until the day you can get wasted on your 21st birthday, I think it's safe to say, you'll living for yourself. Which frankly may not be that big of a deal to you. But I return to my point: life is much bigger than your weekend.

So, why do I care so much? It's because I see so much potential in our generation to make an impact in the world. And it kills me to see the Christian Millennials accepting the cultural standards our world has set for them. It's no longer rebellion to have sex before marriage, smoke, etc. It's almost as if rebellion is now living a holy life not embracing the pleasures of this world. Because hardly anyone is doing that now. I dare you to rebel against the cultural standard the world has set for you. Together we can make a difference in this world by the power of the gospel, but it requires us to humble ourselves and stop living for us and start living for Him.

So will we settle for being a "wasted generation" or will we embrace the fact that God has called us to a higher calling and expects us to rise above the cultural standards by living a life pleasing to Him? We need to grow up and realize that we are the next leaders in the world. And we desperately need Christian leaders who are not content to waste their lives living for themselves, but are passionately seeking to love God and others with their lives.

Much love,
Cam

No comments:

Post a Comment